Once you had the unfortunate situation of losing your health you would certainly answer the above question with “Good Health worth absolutely everything”.
It’s just sad to realize the universal law or perhaps the curse of humankind is that we learn the true value of something only after losing it.
What is Good Health to Humankind as a whole? Certainly confusing to answer from individual perspective. Especially as someone with good health…
I am glad to have a global society and some great activists who are constantly reminding us for our shared faith on this Earth and keep pushing these urging debates.
In the mists of searching the answer, we had never got this conscious about our response as one. Actually I am not sure if we have ever asked it before from ourselves as humanity? For sure never come to this close to finally answer it either…
According to United Nations (1) , by 2030 the following targets of SDG 3 should be reached:
- reduce the global maternal mortality ratio to less than 70 per 100,000 live births
- end all preventable deaths under 5 years of age
- fight infectious diseases
- reduce mortality of non-infectious diseases and promote mental health
- prevent and treat substance abuse
- reduce road injuries and deaths
- universal access to sexual and reproductive care, family planning and education
- achieve universal health coverage
- reduce illnesses and death of hazardous chemicals and pollution
Sustainable Development Goals represent the hope for the future to me.
Nearly 8 billion people, we all have different ideas about our shared future and most are scary. Majority of us would argue humans will destroy the planet, become extinct or simply flee to Mars…
Can we even believe in our abilities to choose to be good as a whole?
This is why SDGs are close to my heart. They gave us optimism, that if we all get together and do our parts we can find the way to sustainable civilization.
My next article is about my personal experience volunteering in Seattle on the Global Goal number 3; where we supported individuals with mental health and/or substance issues, or other difficulties due to homelessness.
Call to action:
- Read more → www.sustainabledevelopment.un.org
- Discuss the following topic with your sympathizers: What does Good Health mean to you personally? How can it be defined for Humankind as whole according to you?
- Find a project and reach out to the host entity to support them with advice or funds to deliver it, especially west African entities. The reason is the urgent need to deliver SDG-related changes there.
- Sponsor and motivate someone in your world to take a global volunteer project with AIESEC → aiesec.org/global-volunteer. I suggest one in the Benin Republic → aiesec.org/opportunity/870351
Created and Illustrated by Kriszti@Whatareyoustillwaitingfor.Space
Proofed and Edited by Greg@Whatareyoustillwaitingfor.Space
Supported by http://bit.ly/whatareyoustillwaitingfor
The opinions expressed by the author and those providing comments are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of AAI.