Reading Ephesians 6 today has provided me some advices on how to live my life.
“That is why you need to get God’s full armor. Then on the day of evil, you will be able to stand strong. And when you have finished the whole fight, you will still be standing. So stand strong with the belt of truth tied around your waist, and on your chest wear the protection of right living. On your feet wear the Good News of peace to help you stand strong. And also use the shield of faith with which you can stop all the burning arrows that come from the Evil One. Accept God’s salvation as your helmet. And take the sword of the Spirit—that sword is the teaching of God.”
Ephesians 6:13-17 ERV
I tried to find further online materials to see how it is explained by Christians and people with more understanding on the Bible then me, but non was really fitting to the message I received from these verses.
So I decided to write it down and share. Maybe it can guide other people too.
- Belt of Truth: always speak the truth so you won’t feel sick in your stomach anymore.
- Breastplate of Righteousness: be just and fair in your actions and decisions to get rid of the stones pressing your heart. (Also follow your heart, it’s the right decisions!)
- Shoes/soles of Peace: Walking in peace with others and don’t step on anyone to avoid splinter stuck your feet.
- Helmet of Salvation: change your mindset and switch from worldly measures to heavenly. As eternity, think on the long term. It will protect you from mistakes.
- Shield of Faith: you are protected by faith so you fight against the bad by doing right with your hands and never use them against God. Shortly: Work for God and be safe. Also no matter if you don’t see yet the result of your hard work, keep faith and it will come.
- Sword of the Spirit: mind your words as they are like a sword, can injure others therefore always speak wisdom to the world. Also studying the Book of Life will destroy the evil in you and around.